Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The About Me Tag

I stumbled across Storybook Apothecary's About me Blog while reading some of her posts (definitely check her out, she's awesome!), and I thought I would participate in the fun!
 
Oh, and if you're wondering why this is  underlined, I have no idea. Blogger is broken for some reason. I can't get it to stop x.x
 
 
 
 
Are you named after anyone?
I am! When my Dad was four, he had a huge crush on his babysitter named Melissa. He told my gradmother that one day he was going to "marry Melissa" and they were going to live happily ever after. Alas, they didn't, but my dad did name me Mary Melissa in honor of his first love.


When was the last time you cried?

Uhm, a couple of days ago? Crazy hormones from postpartum tend to make me cry at little things. Thankgiving commercials, the baby spitting up on my shirt, the toddler sticking noodles up her nose. Pretty much anything.

Do you have children?
Yes, I have two beautiful baby girls. One is 15 months and the other is 7 weeks. Yes, they are a handful, and yes I know what causes them ;)


If you were another person, would you be a friend of yourself?
Totally would! Then I would have another mommy my age to talk to! No, but seriously, I'm a pretty easy going person when I'm not hormonally challenged.


Do you use sarcasm a lot?
Not at all. <---See what I did there?

What’s your favourite cereal?
Lucky Charms! I love the little marshmallows, but I have found that since I have become a Mommy, I tend to give the sugary beasts to my little beastie. She loves them. Oh, well, mommy doesn't need that on her hips anyway.
Whats the first thing you notice about people?
It may sound weird, but I always notice how people carry themselves. If a person is confident and sure of themselves, they stand up straight and look you in the eye. They curl in on themselves if they aren't.

What’s your eye colour?
Green

Scary movie or happy endings?

Happy endings! Have I ever mentioned I'm a HUGE fairytale fan? I mean, I run around in the woods once a month playing a disney princess-type character, for goodness sakes! (If you don't know what I'm talking about, do feel free to ask)

Favourite smells?
Vanilla, lavender, baby


Summer or Winter?
Fall. It's the most beautiful time of the year. Summer is far too hot here in the armpit of the U.S., and if we do have a true snowy winter, people don't know what to think so they panic. I like fall.

Computer or television?
Computer!

What’s the furthest you’ve been away from home?
Kentucky. Yeah, pretty sad. I'd love to go overseas one day, though.

Do you have any special talents?
I'm a master at fixing things, oddly enough, unless it's something of my own.

Where were you born?
Atlanta, GA.

What are your hobbies?
LARPing, sewing, crafting, building, blogging, mommy-ing (that SHOULD count as a hobby, job, etc)

Favourite movies?
Taken, Enchanted, Ever After, The Princess Bride, Beauty and the Beast, Independence Day, Jane Eyre, The Notebook, Finding Nemo, 50 First Dates. There are so many more, but it would take too long to type them.

2 comments:

  1. omg ! You LARP - that is awesome. I have never met anyone who LARPs. So cool ahha. Love your humor about your postpartum - not many could be that badass. Love fairy tales too - hence my blog name haha. I don't think it makes much sense now, but it's too late to change it. Love all your film faves - we could totally have a movie night. Great post - glad you did it too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do LARP! It's a wonderful escape from the world for a weekend. We have ours in the mountains, so it's beautiful up there in the Fall. I love the name to your blog! Very fancy and it definitely points to the fairytale lover :D

      Delete